Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rich Busch - Photography at Soft Pinecone


"As a trained archaeologist and geologist, I’ve approached the natural world looking at small characteristics often piecing them together to interpret the bigger picture. It wasn’t until a work colleague of mine pointed out that I “seem to like shapes and light” that I realized this to be true for my photography as well. While my pictures are not close-ups, they are parts of a whole, larger object or system. As we look at that smaller part of the whole we see how light and color play in
that small space and more often than not, it makes for an interesting photograph.

Some of my work people would consider “Landscapes”. I do not consider myself a landscape photographer; those are better left to Ansell Adams and John Fielder. Again, I wait until the light brings out something that is abnormal in the landscape, some color, some action, something not seldom witnessed."

No comments: